by Dr. Wally Taylor, Texas Integrative Medicine
Try this delicious breakfast or lunch option which contains healthy fat and protein to keep you full and satiated. This omelette is delicious paired with a green side salad as well. Eggs are incredibly nutrient-dense and contain iron, choline, B vitamins, selenium, and more.
- 6 whole organic (preferably farm-fresh, free-range) eggs
- 300 g Paris mushrooms
- 1 whole onion
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- Peel the mushrooms and slice them.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- In a frying pan, pour oil and fry the onion.
- Add the mushrooms and leave to brown about 10 min.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs in a bowl.
- Salt, pepper and add the milk (whip for a minute or two).
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your taste.
- Serve hot.