Your liver breaks down any extra sex hormones that your body creates. This helps keep you balanced and feeling your best. But if that process isn’t working well, these chemicals can build up and wreak havoc — causing fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, low libido, infertility, and more.
The good news: Beets and carrots can aid the detoxification process! These nutrient-dense ingredients support the liver’s methylation pathways, helping to remove excess estrogen, DHT, cortisol, and more.
This recipe is a great source of both detox-friendly vegetables!
Detox Beet & Carrot Salad w/ Free-Range Chicken
- 2 cups peeled, shredded raw beets
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 12 ounces shredded free-range chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup Primal Kitchen lemon turmeric vinaigrette
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup dressing and toss to coat.
Brand names are referenced for informational purposes only. Such references do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by Forum Health LLC.