Feel better, live better, and get the most out of life.
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is a cofactor — or helper molecule — found in each cell of your body. The oxidized form (NAD+) aids several biochemical reactions key to healthy aging: DNA and cellular repair, energy production, and more.
By replenishing this essential molecule through NAD+ amino acid therapy, you’ll increase your capacity for these important anti-aging processes. Forum Health can deliver NAD+ through IV administration and oral supplements.
At Forum Health, we want to reinvent how depression, autoimmunity, and so many other conditions that plague Americans are managed.Shilpa P. Saxena, MD
Co-Chief Medical Officer
Brain health is key to feeling youthful. NAD+ improves production of PGC-1-alpha (a protein that appears to protect cells against oxidative stress) and repairs mitochondrial function in the brain. This is believed to help prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
NAD+ activates sirtuins proteins. These have been linked to DNA repair, stress resistance, reduced inflammation, and healthy cellular aging. NAD+ is also needed to turn off genes related to accelerated aging processes.
Your body uses NAD+ to power metabolism. It enables the mitochondria to convert food into cellular energy — needed to sustain all bodily functions.
Reclaim your health and well-being.
Call today to schedule your NAD+ amino acid therapy.
Treatment for Anxiety & Depression
An imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain — gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), serotonin, and dopamine — can cause anxiety or depression.
NAD+ helps balance these neurotransmitters. But it can be depleted when your body is dealing with illness or stress. Supplementation may provide relief.
Other Benefits of NAD+ Therapy
- Sleep health: NAD+ is connected to circadian rhythms. Balancing this cofactor may help you restore normal sleep cycles and hunger patterns.
- Addiction management: Sirtuins protect against oxidative stress, which is linked to cravings for substances like opioids, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Cancer prevention: NAD+ helps your cells repair DNA, potentially reducing the persistence of cancer-causing mutations.
- Heart health: High levels of NAD+ may help reduce stiffness in the aorta, lowering systolic blood pressure in adults at risk of heart disease.
- Muscle function: NAD+ may promote healthy muscle aging, improving muscle function and strength.
- Focus and concentration: Increasing your ratio of NAD+ to NADH (reduced NAD) protects brain cells from free radicals.
- Cell death prevention: NAD+ treatment may prevent cell death and energy failure caused by traumatic brain injury (TBI).